Wahaso Storage Systems
Storage Systems & Options
Concrete isa strong, versatile and space-efficient method of below-grade storage. Concrete cisterns can be poured in place, but that process can be expensive and time consuming, especially at a busy construction site.
- Easy to install and uses any on-site material for backfill.
- The modular nature allows for a flexible footprint and depth.
- Reinforced concrete has high strength under load-bearing surfaces.
- Requires heavy equipment to lift modules for installation.
- Requires water proofing (liners and sealant).
Modular Polypropylene System
- Cistern can be assembled on-site, reducing the cost of shipping and eliminating the need to use a crane for install.
- The plates are made from recycled polypropylene, which is not only sustainable but meets LEED requirements for Materials and Resources.
- Beneficial micro-organisms in the sand layer and biofilm that builds on the plates help to digest organic material and help to keep the tank clean.
- While the installation of the tank does not require a crane, it does require man-hours to assemble the modules, place them and wrap the cistern with the waterproof lining.
- Installation may be difficult in areas with a high water table.
Fiberglass has long been used for below-grade storage. It comes in many standard sizes from 1,000 to 40,000 gallons. Should more storage be required, multiple tanks can be connected, and the water equalized between them.
Wahaso partners with Containment Solutions, Inc., a division of NOV Fiberglass Systems, for a trusted name in storage tanks.
- The cost of the heavy lifting equipment is lower than that used for concrete, as the fiberglass is lighter weight.
- Fiberglass cisterns have been used for decades and are a familiar storage method to many clients.
- Storage footprint is restricted by the set dimensions of the cylindrical tanks.
- Installation requires anchoring and specific backfill so as not to damage the fiberglass.
Corrugated Steel Tanks
Corrugated steel tanks provide the iconic look of water harvesting. The above-grade structures are a signal that the property owner is employing sustainable water practices.
- Attractive structure that advertises the owner’s commitment to sustainability.
- Long-lasting steel tanks are made in the USA.
- Requires certified installer to erect the tank on site.
- Requires custom concrete base pad.
- Poly tanks can be a cost-effective solution for small storage systems that need to be located inside a building, or outside, above-grade.
- Many shapes and sizes are available, allowing for flexibility if there are any space limitations.
- No on-site assembly is required.
- Utilitarian in appearance and therefore, not an ideal choice for projects where the tank is visible to the public.
- Being a petroleum-based material, polyethylene cost can be subject to price swings.
Our mission at Wahaso is to help municipalities and commercial property owners reduce the impact of their buildings on the environment through innovative and sustainable water practices.